Monday 19 September 2011

School, for Sean and me!

Well, Sean started school a few weeks ago and thank God, he loves it! No problems getting him up in the mornings and no problems with his homework either. Niall drives him and two other boys to school and drops them off about 8.30. They go in and have breakfast (by choice), then work and at the end of the school day at 3.45 he stays on, has a snack break and does his homework from 4-5.30 (this is also by choice). He makes it home for 6 which I think is dreadful but at least he has his homework done and he has the rest of the evening to himself. I won't grumble (much) about it because I suppose this is one of the reasons why the Bush has the second highest number of students in Louth going on to third level education beaten only by the Grammar.
The bottom line is that Sean just loves school. He has made loads of friends and is getting along no problem with the work and the teachers. The only thing that he is finding a problem with is getting his books from his locker. The quiet corridors turn to bedlam at the ring of the school bell and it's every person is for themselves when it comes to pushing and shoving for room to replace used books and get more for the next classes. However, we had a chat about it last night and he has a couple of tricks up his sleeve that he is going to try out.

As for me, well, it's terrible. I have all morning AND afternoon to myself to tidy, shop, walk the dog, blog, read etc.... :0)

BTW, I start college tomorrow!
Three years women's ministry course in the Irish Baptist College in Moira every Thursday evening....CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Wow! Good for you! What a great way to channel your extra time. May God richly bless you.

Ruth MacC said...

Thanks Ruth. My first night went very well. Looking forwards to Tuesday.

Heather L. said...

I'm so excited about the course you are taking!!! I hope it is going well!!!