Wednesday 18 May 2011

Gifts.

These past few days I have been under the weather and staying at home in my dressing gown. Today I have been feeling a little better so I tried my hand at a craft/gift that I had been thinking of doing quite a while now.




A few years ago I was given this gift by a woman from the Travis Avenue Church in Texas while she was over here helping us out with a Summer Bible Club in my estate. I just love it. I keep it in the downstairs loo and I regularly dip into it to read the many scripture cards.


I also received this gift from Janet. It too is a box with scripture in it. She made it herself by typing out the scriptures and then laminating them.


So, I joined the two ideas together and spent the afternoon copying the scriptures from the first 'Daily Bread' box onto pages, laminating them and cutting them up.

Then I just made holes in them and joined batches of them together with ribbon and some beads I happened to have on hand.
On some of them I remembered to put a personalised note before the first scripture.

And then I wrapped up all 15 of them; all ready to give out as gifts to my sisters and brothers in the church.

I kept the Our Daily Bread box of Scriptures to hand in the downstairs loo for a while now and I have to say that over the years God has really encouraged me as I took moments out of my day and picked up one of these cards and read it. It may seem like an odd place to keep them but hey, if it works, it works!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Love them!

Ruth MacC said...

Thanks Annie. Lets hope others will too :0)