Saturday 21 May 2011

The Lord's footstool.



Now this is just a passing thought, but I have read in the Bible how God has the world as His footstool. Now, I don't know what the great theologians have to say about that, but I do know that I have a bean-bag foot stool and when I use it, it is close to me, it feels good, it rests my tired feet and I am very fond of it!

As you can see from the photo sometimes I use Archer as a foot stool too. I put my bare feet on him and enjoy the feel of his fur on them. I love Archer and love being close to and toughing him.

Like I said, I don't know what the great theologians have to say on the subject, and I have always thought God meant that His having the world as a foot stool was meant to humble us by showing us how teeny we are,

but I wonder....

2 comments:

Annie said...

I am really happy it is working out with Archer. He's a lovely dog, and I'm sure he is happy to be your loving foot stool :)

Cassandra said...

Interesting thoughts! Hmmm... makes one wonder. :)