Tuesday 29 March 2011

Sacraficing and not even knowing.

A looking into the eyes with true interest and compassion instead of looking at a screen while half-heartedly listening. These are the sacrifices of our love, the moment by moment giving up of ourselves, the constant, year end year out practice of worship as we serve those in our home in order to please His heart....

I just love this. It is from a blog that I have just started reading today. I won't post a link until I check it out but I had to post the above.

I never thought that looking away from a movie I really want to watch to pay attention to Sean while he tells me about something that is important to him is an act of worship because I do it with God in the back of my mind.

It's a nice thought for the day.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That is excellent, isn't it? I hadn't thought of it in that way either. Eager to hear if the rest of the blog is just as good. :-)

Ruth MacC said...

Hi Laura, yes, it's good. I am glad I read it. Good to hear from you again. I hope all is well with you.