Saturday 27 March 2010

Finding an old thing as new.

I am sitting in front of my fire resting up, enjoying my Saturday evening listning to a recording of A W Tozer. It came free with a book called 'Fellowship of the Burning Heart''. He is long dead, died before I was born and yet because he is preaching the Truth what he says is as relivant to me today as it would have been over two thousand years ago. So far the preaching is very good and I am really looking forwards to reading the book. But, before that I really have to finish Spurgeon's 'Prayer and Spiritual Warfare' and Mark Dever's 'Twelve Challenges Churches Face'.

Have you read any of these?
What do you think of the authors?

1 comment:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Just popping in to say "Hi!" as I regain my footing in the blogworld after a computer absence. I have much to read here, I see. : D

I love finding written treasure. Truth always withstands the test of time . . . just as the Lord promises. Some of my very favorite authors predated me more than a lifetime -- such a joy to meet them across a page.

Happy reading/listening.