Sunday 3 January 2010

A nice New Year's resolution.

I found the following New Years Resolution here on...

A Cheat Sheet for Keeping Resolutions




Get a little help from your friends. To build a deeper appreciation for the good things in his life, Mr. Haenel has enlisted like-minded friends to help. For more than a year, he has been making a list every morning, in a pocket-sized journal he carries with him, of three things for which he is grateful. Recent entries: playing golf with his two sons; a morning run with his dog; a hot shower; his deep and enduring relationship with his wife; a busy schedule; his ability to learn yoga; the taste of a morning cup of coffee with cream; the look of a full winter moon in the night sky, and simply being alive.

Then, he makes a five-minute phone call every day to one of several friends who have agreed to keep the same resolution, and they read their lists to each other. "If I'm not calling my friends in the morning, they're calling me, saying, 'Hey, are you still on track?' That interaction with another person keeps it alive and keeps us sharing and listening."

After more than a year, Mr. Haenel has filled two journals with his gratitude lists and is working on a third. "Now that I'm focused on being grateful for those things, I think they mean more, and I sense them more," he says.

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

What an awesome resolution!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CaarO said...

Woww! Its a very cool :)

Where are you from?

I'm from Argentina.

Please, post me!

Thanks!

Kiss you, and your family ♥