Saturday 23 January 2010

Mum's 78th birthday

Mum was 78 on Wednesday so all of my brothers and sisters, except one, made it to the restaurant for the birthday celebrations. It is an Italian restaurant out past Ardee and the pasta dishes and pizzas were lovely. There were grand children and great grand children there too, along with friends. We had a very good night and finished it off with Daisy's cake. This is a fruit/Christmas/wedding cake. Years ago mum got the recipe from a woman called Daisy and every Christmas mum made it. Somehow, over the years mum lost the recipe and was very sad about it. But somehow my sister Caroline got her hands on it and make the cake especially for mum's birthday! We were all amazed and delighted with it!
photo.jpg

photo.jpg
photo.jpg

1 comment:

ruth said...

Your mom is about the same age as my dad. My mom was 77 in November. I'm glad you found the recipe! What a nice time you all must have had.