Saturday 23 January 2010

Day out in Kings Court., Dun Na Ri

This afternoon we took a few hours to ourselves and went, along with a friend of Seans, to Kings Court. I have wanted to go there for over 35 years now and I finally made it today. Let me explain...

When I was about 8 years old I was at the swimming pool in Blackrock and my sister and I met two young girls about our own age there. We got along very well and exchanged addresses so we could become pen pals. They lived in Kings Court and to me, well, the name sounded very special. (It was a bit like when I was younger still and mistook the word 'dining' room to be 'diamond' room!)
We wrote to each other a couple of times and eventually our friendship fizzled out but in the back of my mind I always wanted to see what the area looked like. Well I finally got there and let me tell you, I wasn't disappointed:0)

There is a very pretty river running through it.
photo.<span class=photo.jpgphoto.jpgphoto.jpg
We found a clear area and Niall and the boys had a bit of fun with the archery set.photo.<span class=

This is how the Sean and Kevin entertained themselves on the way home... Oh the joys of an apple phone:0)
photo.jpg

photo.jpg




3 comments:

Kaber said...

my middle son LOVES archery!

Ruth MacC said...

I bought it in Wallart three years ago when we were in Mississippi!!!

Jeff Whitfield said...

We love Dun Na Ri! Your pictures aren't showing up for me, so I'm going to have to go look at our old ones! : )