Thursday 31 December 2009

New Year

It is a holiday so I will tell you what I am doing...
I am sitting up in bed with the electric blanket on roasting my 'you know what!'
I am blogging, blogging, blogging and visiting my blogger friends... great!
I am munching, munching, munching the contents of one of three selection boxes I had hidden under the stairs since Mac Day, tee, he, he!
Sean is on top of the bed with me munching too, watching Jaws (but not certain parts) lying on his belly with his toy shot gun ready to take a pot shot at the big fish, again, (he did this very same thing last night in the sitting room!)

I suppose I will have to return to the reality of ironing, lunch etc. But not yet;-)

Today Niall is out working away and later he will be found at the local radio station from about six through to twelve, his usual for New Years Eve. Sean and I will be home in front of the fire doing our usual thing, watching movies and playing board games. At midnight we will go outside where we have quite an old fashioned and traditional New Years tradition considering the neighbourhood is only 7 years old. A lot of us will come out to our doors, waving and greeting each other while our children set off fireworks and enjoy the freedom playing on the green with each other in their pyjamas so late in the night:-)

Thank you for visiting me this past year on my blog. May God bless you, your relationships, your families, your work and most of all, your relationship with Him.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

The syders said...

Hiya Ruth,

Thankyou so much for taking the time to write me your loveley message.
Happy New Year to you too x

Heather L. said...

I hope you all will have a very Happy new Year!!!!