Thursday 19 November 2009

Birthday

On Saturday we went up North to visit Sean's granny Tess. Her son, Sean's dad's birthday would have been on Saturday and he would have been 43 years old. We went out for lunch and walked around a few shops and then went to the grave to put some heather on it. Then we went to the road side, just around the corner from Tess's house where Sean died, to place flowers on it.



We are eleven years without Sean and it is very sad to see his parents trying to cope with the loss of their only son. Please God He will save them and give them the peace He gave me eight years ago last August...

5 comments:

Heather L. said...

Such a lovely photo. I do pray the Lord gives them peace -- which can only be found in Him.

ruth said...

Thanks for sharing.

Wasn't his name David, though?

Ruth MacC said...

No, sorry. It was Sean Campbell. Sean is named after him:0)

ruth said...

I'm sorry--I went back and re-read parts of your Christian testimony and figured out my mistake. Sorry about that.

Ruth MacC said...

That's ok Ruth. Actually I am pretty impressed with your memory seeing that Davis was my partner for over ten years while I lived in Dublin:0)
I am going out for a nice meal with some women in two weeks in a castle and it seems to be becoming a little blown out of proportion, as in too much talk about putting on makeup and clothes etc. Will you please pray for me that I won't get carried away with it all and that I live the scripture that says Contentment with Godliness is great gain...
Thanks.