Friday 21 August 2009

Hospital

We took Sean into hospital on Tuesday night. He has a small chest infection that aggravated his asthma big time so they kept him in. They had him on a drip because he was vomiting and are now giving him two antibiotics. So these past few days have been filled up with driving to and fro from Drogheda and sitting with Sean. However, he is eleven now and so staying on his own at night. This is good for me as it is giving me proper time to rest, shower and rejuvenate myself for the next day.
I have to say that the staff are wonderful. Very friendly and efficient. I am giving some of them gifts of a Bible and Christian books. I am not sure yet if Sean will be coming home today. It's up to the consultant.

On a funny note, the parents who had stayed with their children on Wednesday night had great sport with Sean on Thursday morning, teasing him over singing the Barney song, 'I love you, you love me' in his sleep!!!!!
A huge thank you to everyone who texted, emailed, phoned, facebooked and visited:0)

Talk later.

5 comments:

Heather L. said...

I'm sorry you are back at the hospital again! I'll be thinking of Sean and praying that he improves quickly. Tell him hello!

Ruth MacC said...

Thanks a million Heather. We are home now! The consultant said he should be well enough to go on his sailing week which starts Monday. That's good news. I really REALLY appreciate you praying for him. God continue to bless you and yours.

Annie Blake said...

So glad to hear Seán's not missing his sailing week! I bet he's happy too! Great that he's home and well again.

How are you? I'm sure lots of chores have built up now with you being out of the home all week. How did Koke manage without you?

The week disappeared on me with studying and the puppy. I'm very pleased with her today she was well behaved all day long. I took her visiting for 3 hours and not a peep out of her, she happily lay on my lap being petted - great for me, I was able to relax without worrying about getting home to a mess! Handed in my assignment on time ...Woohoo... and Pat seems to have sorted out the flies problem. Finished up being a team leader tonight. One of the women gave me a gift, I was really touched. It was a thank you for getting her up and running, she has 30+ customers now and makes good commission :) I'm delighted for her and I'll miss her. All-in-all a busy productive week in the Blake household! Will spend the weekend studying for exams next week so if you don't see me you'll know my head is stuck in college work.

Take care xox

FancyHorse said...

I'm sorry, I didn't know Sean had been ill. (I haven't been online much lately.) I hope he gets well soon!

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Dear Ruth, i have been away from blogging mostly these past couple of days. I am placing you and Sean in my prayers right away, though I see from you comment above that you are home and he is doing well. You certainly have had your share of hospitals lately. I pray you will have some rest now. Glad to know you are home. : D