Friday 28 August 2009

Adeline

Well, Adeline died yesterday.

Thank you for your prayers.

You wouldn't believe me, if I told you, how God had me prepared for it since yesterday morning:0)

My sister Caroline has been very involved in Adeline's life ever since Adeline met my dad over twenty years ago. She, along with Adeline, nursed dad until he died. Then Caroline nursed Adeline, sleeping in her house when she was unable to care for herself and eventually sleeping on a camp bed beside her in hospital for the last two weeks.

Well, while we were at the wake house last night Caroline had to be taken to the hospital with chest pains. I went to visit her before I went home and she is in A&E being monitored and awaiting results for blood tests. She is comfortable and in good spirits.

Here is a the scripture God gave me yesterday after talking to Him about Adeline and other family members...

Romans 15:13

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.


God continue to bless you all.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Ruth, I am so sorry to hear the news. I read about her failing health and prayed for her... we will know for sure one day if she made a decision or not. Praying for your sake and your family's that she did! (((HUGS)))

Thank you too for your prayers for my mom... I'm about to post another update on my blog... I'm so bad about updating my blog lately because I've gotten on facebook and update there. If you have an account, please look me up! I'd love to "add" you as a friend. :-)

Heather L. said...

Thank you for the update. I'm sorry to hear of her death. I thank the Lord for the comfort He has given you in His word. May the Lord give you all strength for the next few days.

Cassandra said...

Ruth, I'm so glad that you found comfort from the Lord. *hugs*

Debbie in CA : ) said...

My Sweet Friend,

You have had such trials of late . . . so much to carry to the feet of God. May you have some peace and sweet rest this Day of Rest.

I hope your date happened . . . I hope you and Niall and Sean can feel the prayers sent up from me and my whole family. You are called "Our Friends in Ireland" whenever we share news of you. I rejoice that GOd has knit our hearts together across the miles through an invisible cord. It is good to pray for one another.

The miracle of our Lord is in His capacity to love us no matter what. I join you in celebrating life in Christ which is like no other life available.

enJOY your day . . . let the Lord carry the load while you hold your family tight and say "Amen"!

Much Love! XO