Wednesday 1 July 2009

Summer things (Ruth)

Yesterday I invited Becky and three of her children over for a BBQ. She took salad and baked potatoes with her and we cooked sausages and burgers. It was just lovely and I am glad we did it not least because it is raining today!
I also went for a long walk with Koke.

I took a photo of these beautiful tiny orange flowers. I remember them from my youth. Do you know what they are called?

Sean is still enjoying his sailing this week and even though it is raining today he still went off this morning in high spirits. It's a lot warmer this time of the year than it was last year and anyway, do does have a full length wet suit:D This year he is particularly enjoying jumping into the water and swimming around. It has been the practice for the kids and instructors to jump from the pier and Sean has never done this before, so I am glad he is stretching himself a bit.

This week there are only two boys at the club. This is not so good for the Club but great for Sean and Mina. They both learn more, faster when they have an instructor all to themselves. Next week should be a different story with School finishing up yesterday.
Niall bought me these... I love the colours.
Sean haaving a bit of fun with his school work last week.

5 comments:

Annie Blake said...

How is Koke getting on?

Dylan is taking intensive lessons each morning at the pool this week, at stage 5, his regular Sat morn lessons exam is this coming Sat. I'm hoping the extra tuition will help him pass, he has the moves but not the speed.

We had a bad experience with the breeder. She is giving the puppies away at only 5wks plus she mated the father with a daughter from his previous liter. I told her I wasn't happy to take a puppy from her and reported her to the LSPCA.

So, no puppy coming on July 15th. Dylan has €308 saved since Apr 19th :) I've decided to hold off on getting our Yorkie female until October.

xox

Debbie in CA : ) said...

I have had such fun seeing all the delightful summertime events around your house. (The anniversary tea was especially beautiful.) I have woefully little time for blogging these days, but I am always sure to have a good time when I come by for a visit.

Someday I hope to come and see your Ireland with my own two eyes, but for now I am thankful you are so generous with the peeks. : D

Heather L. said...

Loved all the photos! That's so great that Sean gets to take sailing lessons!

Ruth MacC said...

Hi Annie, I am very sorry to hear that you had to cancel your plans to buy the pup. Dylan is having a ball here in one of Sean's wet suits playing with water guns.

Debbie, would love to have you in Ireland, maybe one day?

Cassandra said...

What gorgeous flowers!