Wednesday 22 July 2009

Wednesday


Niall is home! He is tired because of the medication but in good form. He h as to go back to hospital on Friday for a checkup and then every Tuesday for six weeks but it is all manageable.

We had an important meeting in Dublin yesterday that we were all able to make, and the result of the meeting is that Sean is now Niall's legal son:0) It took about six years for it to happen but we finally had our hearing with the Adoption Board and it is all finalized. They were about eight people sitting around a huge table, very pleasant to deal with and very friendly. They even asked us if we wanted a photo taken (this seems to be the norm) so we said yes, why not?! It is a very important day in the life of our small family and so thank you for everybody who texted, emailed and phoned (he even got a call from France!) Sean and the rest of us.

Many thanks to you for praying for Niall/family during this time. I really appreciated it.

7 comments:

Heather L. said...

What wonderful news!!! i had no idea this was in the works. I'm so glad Niall is out of hospital and especially that he was able to make the adoption meeting. I'm just so happy for Sean and for all of you. Makes me want to cry. :)

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your adoption!!! Sean and Niall must be so pleased.

Blessings,
Michelle

Cassandra said...

Yay for Niall being home and congrats on the adoption going through!!!!

Laura said...

Praising God for both blessings today! :-)

Ruth MacC said...

Thank you so much for your prayers and visits. I am still a bit on top of my head at the moment and we have to deliver 4,400 leaflets and 2,000 newspapers during the next week or so, but I hope to take a night to myself and visit you all:0)

It's great having him home!

Jeff Whitfield said...

Congrats guys! Both for Niall's health and the adoption. I have been out of the loop a bit with so much traveling this summer, I am just catching up. Niall, take care of that ticker!

Debbie in CA : ) said...

I have been away far longer than I thought! So much has been happening to you!!! I am praising the Lord that Niall has recovered from his hospital stay and has returned home. God be praised!

I am positively THRILLED to hear about the adoption. What a grand thing! I celebrate the joy with you. I was once almost adopted by a horrible step-father -- it is so much nicer to see a wonderful man becoming "Daddy." God has surely blessed you Ruth and it is such a joy to hear you share so much of the beauty. Life in a family on this earth is never perfect but some days it almost seems that way. Surely this was one of those very special times.

I praise God for all these blessings and for your generous encouragement and comments left on my blog. You are a treasure, sweet friend. Thanks be to God for you. : D