Wednesday 15 July 2009

Never a dull moment (Ruth)

Well, today I spent most of the day in the A&E with Niall. Last week Niall had a race with Sean and Koke and 'sprinted' up and down a pretty large garden... twice. Niall is 6 foot, 15 stone and turned 50 this year so I think it was inevitable that it would end in tears. After his running he got his breath back but his heart didn't feel just right. Over a week later it still isn't right hence the visit to the hospital. Like Niall is so fone of saying, 'never a dull moment.'

His heart rate is almost twice what it should be, approx 140 and his heart beat is very erratic so I left him lying on a trolley wired up to all sorts of equipment and headed for home/bed.

He wasn't a 'happy camper' when he was told he had to stay overnight (said it breaks the record of never having done that in 50 years:0) but he has settled down and is comfortable.

Will keep blog informed as to how things progress. He expects to see a heart doc tomorrow, have a heart scan etc and hopefully they will be able to tell him whats wrong.

Have to say, I am so very grateful for the hospital and it's staff. I don't care how badly run the Health Board is in this country, it's a heck of a lot more than what is available in some. Thank you Lord...

3 comments:

Annie Blake said...

Sorry to hear Niall is hospitalised we're praying for his speedy recovery.

I agree with you about our health service, they give fantastic care, and I think half the problem is exaggerated election-time media. It's such a privilege to live in a first world country with first class facilities available to us all 24/7, whatever our social status, and I think the grumbling Irish public regularly forget that ...or sadly, take it for granted.

Annie Blake said...

Ok, I may have to eat my words now after reading Niall's new Facebook status!

Laura said...

Praying for ya'll! Keep us updated...