Friday 12 June 2009

Faded Glory.

Today is cold and cloudy but yesterday was a scorcher so because Niall had a job out in Cooley Sean and I headed off to the Bally Mac again. This time we had a picnic lunch in the orchards, finished off with a pot of hot drinking chocolate:0) In my books, it's never too hot for hot chocolate.

The orchard has the look and feeling of faded glory and reminds me of my grandmother's gardens. She had orchards, rose gardens and tennis courts, and I have memories of walking in them in the hot sun many years ago. Here, in the Bally Mac they have rose gardens and rhubarb beds alongside the apple trees.

I took a few photos of the roses especially for Heather L. Hope you like them Heather.





We had our first BBQ of the Summer and Niall taught Sean a thing or two. Here he is, all excited that it went on fire!

3 comments:

FancyHorse said...

Love that red rose! It looks like you all had a sweet time. :-)

Annie Blake said...

Oh I agree with your hot chocolate theory :)

Last time we were in Boston Dylan and I walked 40 mins to M St. beach every morning. Our first port of call was Dunkin Donuts around the corner for hot chocolate to go and doughnuts for later. Is it any wonder I always gain 7lbs+ on holiday lol

A city beach was an interesting change of scenary, it was fun watching the airplanes appear out of the clouds every 2 minutes and to see them all following the same path down to the airport runway, plus M St. has that all important factor: hot sun!

If only we were guaranteed those temperatures on our beautiful sandy coastline in summer :-/ what an amazing place it would be.

Bally Mac looks like a little haven, must drive out some day.

Heather L. said...

Thank you for the pictures!!! I would have loved to visit in person with you. :)

Friends of ours in Boston just had a baby boy - -they named him Niall! Your Niall is the very first time I have heard that name. I guess it must be Irish as this family has Irish in their blood.