Tuesday 9 June 2009

Things

Last night we had our women's meeting in Marie's home. She taught us on meekness and did a very good job on it. I feel very grateful to God for our Church having a mature Christian woman who is able to teach. I gained a lot from last night and hope to continue thinking on what I heard throughout the rest of today. Let it sink in so to speak.

After the study we all crowded into her kitchen, peeled and chopped fruit and spent the remainder of the evening making smoothies. They were just delicious! Beats sitting around eating cake/buns/biscuits. Much nicer and healthier! I finally got home after eleven. No harm. It wasn't that long ago, before my conversion, when I might have stumbled in way after two...

Ah, God is good:0)

Yesterday morning Brian called over with his son and spent the morning and some of the afternoon blocking up the doorway between the sitting room and the kitchen. It was unnecessary having the doorway there and a bit of a nuisance so I am DELIGHTED to have the work done. He said it may take up to four weeks for the plaster to dry but who cares? I waited over six years!

By the way, it was Sean's 11th birthday on Sunday so will you pop over to his blog and leave a message for him?
Thanks
;0)

5 comments:

ruth said...

I L-O-V-E smoothies :)

Sit-N-Chat said...

Hi!! Sounds like a great time. We've been making our own version of the icy treats. I've decided sugar makes my arthritis worse so we are having none. But we are enjoying strawberry, peach, or blueberry treats.

It's nice to get something you've been wanting - completed on a house. It seems like we've always been glad that we did any improvements. And we've done quite a lot of remodeling and rearranging ourselves.

Looks like a fun birthday party at the beach.

Glad all is going well.

Jennifer

Heather L. said...

Sounds like a lovely evening! Smoothies are a good idea! We spent last evening talking with one of our missionaries from Sudan and seeing pictures -- very enjoyable.

Annie Blake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruth MacC said...

Hi Annie, when I refered to staying up late I was comparing my old life with my new life. There is a huge difference between my coming home at eleven from a womens Christian meetin, and falling in the door drunk at two in the morning. Thank God for his love and kindness;0)