Wednesday 17 June 2009

John McArthur

I like John MacArthur's teaching. I started listening to him when I was first converted almost eight years ago. The Church gave me the job of caretaker in the Centre and while I was cleaning I got into the habit of putting on any of the tapes I found there and I listened to them. I had no idea who he was or what age he was (I think the tapes were about 20 years old) but I enjoyed the teaching and hope I took something in along the way. Since then I found out that he is the pastor of a Church called 'Grace to You' in the US. I bought some of his books and over the years have received many free cd's and books through the post. This last year I have been receiving free pod casts on my iPhone which I really, really like listening to. Yesterday I listened to several on the subject of worrying about money and I picked up this quote from someone called Charles Mayo from the Mayo Clinic. (not sure about the spelling here)

"Worry effects the circulation, the heart, the glands and the whole nervous system, and I have never met a man or known a man to die of over work but I've sure known a lot who died of worry."

No comments: