Wednesday 17 June 2009

Anniversary.


Today seven years ago Niall proposed to me. I only know this because he took me out for a surprise Tea! He is a remarkable man and great at remembering our anniversaries... I'm not ;0)

His dad proposed to his mother during WWII using the above beautiful ring and when Niall proposed to me he gave me that same ring. Niall has five sisters and I always feel a little guilty getting their mother's engagement ring, especially when I never knew her...

Anyway he took me to a beautiful B&B called Innisfree Guest House. It's no ordinary B&B - it's a fully restored and refurbished Edwardian house! They offer among other thing afternoon tea/coffee with tiny sandwiches, buns, cakes etc all for €10. You get served by a very smart and friendly waitress wearing a black dress with white gloves using Sterling silver tea/coffee pots. Winter or Summer there is always a small fire, oh! it's just a beautiful place! They have professional singers there on occasion singing and playing their baby grand piano and also have murder mysteries weekends.

I know it is as common as muck, but I had to get a couple of photos to show you lol!



I have already posted some photos of this Guest House here if you want to have a look. However, you would be better off checking out the web site.

5 comments:

ruth said...

Those pastries look beautiful. Someday I would like to travel to the UK, health permitting... that looks like a great place to visit.

Annie Blake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassandra said...

Happy anniversary! What a gorgeous engagement ring!

Ruth MacC said...

Thank you all.

Heather L. said...

How lovely!!! I'm glad you took the photos since it's not as common over here. :) I'm glad you had such a lovely time!