Thursday 28 May 2009

A nice birthday... again!

Thanks everybody for your birthday wishes:0) I got them on Niall's Face Book, ecard, text messages, cards and here on my blog. It's lovely to hear from you all.

We had a busy day, wont go into all the details but it was all good, just tiring. This evening Niall and Sean set up the sitting room for my birthday tea. This included lighting the fire and bringing in the kitchen table too. Dressing it up, including the ice bucket, lighting candles, hanging up (pink fluffy fairy lights), flowers etc... It looked great. While they were doing this and preparing the tea I was shooed upstairs where I lay on the bed watching a DVD I got from the Library today:0)

On our birthdays we tend to give each other small gits so Niall gave me and Sean a DVD each. Mine is a double DVD of Miracle of 34th street, both the old b/w & colour version and the modern version. (I like Christmas movies) He also gave me chocolates and flowers and a Yankee candle. Sean's gift was the big surprise. His birthday is in a few days time and somebody gave him 10 euros, so he took this and he his 5 euros from working last week and other savings and bought me a sterling silver dress ring. It's beautiful. I will try to post a photo soon. The wee pet, I am delighted with the gift, but also with him for spending every penny he had on it. Very giving and selfless of him I thought. (Takes after his dad you know!)

We finished the evening with a movie and chocolate cake/cream. It was very rich and I think this is the reason I am on the lap top at 5:22 watching the sun rise...

God bless and many thanks!


6 comments:

Heather L. said...

Happy Birthday a bit late!! i'm glad you had nice day. How sweet of Sean! I love to hear stories like that. Can't wait to see the ring. :)

ruth said...

Happy birthday! Sorry to be belated...

Your son is a real sweetie. He loves you very much. What a treasure that must be to your heart!

Annie Blake said...

Hi :) Thanks for texting me about the park tomorrow we will probably tip round.

Here's something else you might like to go to over the weekend, my mam and her friends are at it today... http://www.artinaction.ie/

Annie Blake said...

Hi :)

Dylan and I had a great time at the park today with the MacCárthaigh Clan :) I posted a few pics on my blog.

What a fab day!

Very best of luck in the mini marathon tomorrow, please God I'll be with you next year. Hope you and Becky enjoy it ...how many medals is that now?

Ruth MacC said...

we all had a good day. Well worth it. Full marks to the council for setting it up. If I finish tomorrow it will be the fifth Dublin Mini Marathon;0)

Cassandra said...

What a great birthday and what an awesome gift from your son!

(Sorry for the late comment; I'm catching up on my reading).