Tuesday 21 April 2009

How do you eat an elephant?

Well, the two weeks holidays are over...

I really enjoyed them and was very, very busy. I am glad to be back into a routine with Sean and the house work though. I have neglected this blog and other things so I hope to spend some time up dating etc. However, I had continued to visit you guys and have been uplifted and straightened by you so thank you.

The first major thing I have to say is that we as a family managed to give out over 2,000 Christian tracts along with some leaflets Niall was getting payed to put into letter boxes around the town to supplement our income. I am very happy about this and I feel the Lord really gave us a slap on the back when a man came to our service on Sunday morning because he saw me and Niall giving out tracts in the area where he lives and received one through his door:0)

Thank you God for encouraging us and keeping us going.

We are tipping away slowly with the Bible distribution.
How do you eat a whole elephant?
One bite at a time!

How do you give out over 1,200 Bibles?
One box at a time!

One of the LONG term things that is happening in our household is that we are getting a dog! I know, I know, I said I would never get one but...
The main reason I changed my mind is because of Sean. He is an only child and he needs a dog. I really think he does and that the time is right. The thing that in my mind makes it dooable is the fact that I have decided to be it's main carer.

Sean has had fish and more recently two hamsters and training him up to look after them had been, at times, a major pain. I just couldn't face having to train Sean to train the dog, so I am taking the lion's share of the burden! Once I made up my mind to do this it all fell into place. I hope I won't regret this horribly, especially since we will probably still have it when Sean has moved out!

I have a pile of books I need to read through and I am still working on Sean's quilt for his birthday. As you can guess, I have been doing a bit of walking with the door to door work but for now, until the 2,000 newspapers come in two weeks, I think I will get back into walking around the area where I live.

Sean is doing ok. He is very excited about his puppy. We went over to look at them and he picked one out. The mother of the pup is a cross between a German shepherd and a collie. She is small enough and has a beautiful nature. She was quite happy to let us handle her pups. The pup's dad is a Labrador so we think Sean's pup will be just lovely. We hope to be collecting HIM, (photo on Sean's blog) within a fortnight. First we have to secure the garden with chicken wire to keep him in, get a kennel and also bowls, lead, collar etc.

2 comments:

FancyHorse said...

A beautiful puppy! I hope you all will be very happy with him. Labs have a reputation for digging a lot, so the fence may not hold him.

I have an award for you on my blog, please stop by to claim it. :-)

Heather L. said...

I'm excited to hear how the door-to-door work is going. Our church in Airdrie, Scotland is having a mission week of preaching every evening this week -- there has been a lot of door-to-door distribution leading up to it, and we are praying for God to work each night. It's a labor-intensive work, isn't it!

I'm excited for Sean and the puppy. I hope it's not too much work for you. It seems right for him to have a dog. I feel badly for our kids not having one -- but since our family is larger we just feel it is all we can handle now. I'm certain all my kids will grow up and be determined to have dogs just as soon as they marry. :)