Tuesday 7 April 2009

Easter break

W5 Online

I am enjoying our Easter break. I gave Sean (and me) two weeks off, except for the fact that Sean only has to do math every day. We are enjoying our late mornings. I am working on Sean's birthday present and am taking every opportunity to sit and sew. I am making him another quilt, this time the theme is Star Trek! I will try to post some photos soon.



Last night I attended our Church women's meeting out in the Lamb's home. The fellowship was VERY good and it was great so see everybody in an atmosphere where we can chat over a cuppa and catch up. Sigita managed the study quite well. She talked about the prodigal son and made comparisons to something that happened to her last year. We finished the evening with song and more tea & chat.


Sean's friend Rhys is sleeping over tonight and another friend of his, Dylan, is sleeping over tomorrow night. I enjoy these times and try to make their stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible which includes coke floats or hot drinking chocolate /chocolate chip cookies which they love!

On Thursday Niall, Sean, Rhys, Dylan, Paula, Luke and I plan to go to Belfast City to W5, imac 3D movie and then finish the day off with a treat to the Pizza Hut. W5 is a terrific venue where you can spend hours interaction with all kinds of kids science stuff, and this particular pizza hut is the business!

Workshops


Spiritually I am doing ok. I am reading my Bible and after finishing in Revelations last week, I have started again in Genesis. I love reading through the Bible this way and by the time I read through the New Testament I really look forwards to the Old Testament. I am reading through a couple of books too. One by John MacArthur about the prodigal son (second time reading this) and another, (forget the name and don't want to run upstairs to get it, will later!) about prayer.

Last week Niall spent quite a bit of time, with a little help from us, delivering newspapers. We put about 300 tracts in them so I am pleased with that. Also he gave out more Bibles in Blackrock. Don't think I have mentioned this... We have over 1,200 NKJV Bibles sitting in the Church Centre waiting to be put into the homes of the houses in a village called Blackrock so we started the task. It's slow going but we know it's worth it:0)

Because of the Bibles and tracts are going out, a few unpleasant things happened. I know the devil won't be happy with God's word going out and is bound to stir up some trouble but I also know that God is in control and He knows there is nothing quite like trials in our lives to make us more like His Son, Jesus.... 'Count it all joy'....

We are thinking of getting a dog... Not sure what, when or how much but Sean is thrilled so watch this space:0)


Hope you all have a good, fruitful and peaceful Easter and that you remember what it should be about.

God bless you all.

7 comments:

FancyHorse said...

It sounds like a fun and relaxing spring break for you all.

I should read the Bible through again. I did it year before last with a plan in Open Windows, the Southern Baptist devotional. Two or three chapters of the Old Testament plus one or two of the New Testament every day. Do you read one chapter a day until you finish, and then start over? Are you reading any devotional helps along with it?

Ruth MacC said...

I love reading teh Bible and just read what I want. I just read it through from the beginning through to the end. I get enough study what with the regular Church service, Sunday School and the Bible study on Sunday evenings, so I don't worry about not getting enough of the New Testament while I am in the Old Teatament.

I don't use any study boods or devotionals.

I was talking to a woman recently who seemed shocked that I just read the Bible through. She said it wasn't a book to read through. She says she is saved almost 20 years and yet hasn't read all of the Bible. I think this is such a huge pity. Such a waste. The Bible it self says that all scripture is from God. We should reade it all:0)

Heather L. said...

Always good to hear what you all are up to. i hope you have a special weekend, especially worship on Sunday.

Have just fininshed my study through Romans and feel in need for some OT now. :) I'm thinking of Isaiah. Michael will get me a commentary to help.

Sit-N-Chat said...

Hi Ruth, Sounds like you have some special days planned. We will have an early service Sunday, followed by breakfast, and then the regular services. It will be a good day. God is so good.
I do not know if you participate in the blog awards and will not be offended either way. But, a friend passed an award to me and I passed to along to the site of your testimony. You can read about on my blog.
We are feeling better today and hope to accomplish much tomorrow.

God bless You,
I will pray about the dispensing of the Bibles and for your protection and success in His work.

Jennifer

ruth said...

You're getting a dog!!!! I thought you were sworn off pets! I love my dogs. (Most of the time.) I hope you get a great dog and it is a wonderful experience for Sean.

Ruth MacC said...

I know! Perhaps I am loosing my mind. I suspect there will be times ahead of me when I will regret it horribly. However, once I made up my mind that I would be the main cared it wasn't so hard to decide. I couldn't bear the thoughts of having to train Sean up to train and care for the dog. Not after training him to care for the fish and hamsters. This way should be a little easier. I am quite lookingf forwards to it! We are going looking today again. Don't know how to swing the dog box though. Anything from 100 to 150 euros :-(

Ruth MacC said...

I know! Perhaps I am loosing my mind. I suspect there will be times ahead of me when I will regret it horribly. However, once I made up my mind that I would be the main cared it wasn't so hard to decide. I couldn't bear the thoughts of having to train Sean up to train and care for the dog. Not after training him to care for the fish and hamsters. This way should be a little easier. I am quite lookingf forwards to it! We are going looking today again. Don't know how to swing the dog box though. Anything from 100 to 150 euros :-(