Thursday 5 March 2009

Sad times

Today I was at a funeral. Sean's friend's dad died and was buried today. He was only 28 and in the Irish Army so it was a big funeral...

The Army band played ahead of the coffin, which was placed on top of a big gun carriage and had the Irish flag draped over it. I took a couple of photos for Sean as I think he might find some comfort looking at them in the future. He is only 10 years old. It can be a good thing to look back and see how many people were at a funeral and see how well thought of the person was. I found from my own personal experience that when you are grieving you don't see much and it's nice later, to know so many people attended.


4 comments:

Laura said...

What a nice thing for you to do!

How did the young man die? I pray it wasn't war related... Soldiers hold a special place in my heart, and that is a fear of mine always.

Sit-N-Chat said...

I a m so sorry for the loss. I am glad this young man has a good friend to care for him.

God bless.
Jennifer

FancyHorse said...

I am sorry. My condolences to the family. So heartbreaking to lose a young man, a father of young children.

Heather L. said...

I'm so sorry. That is so sad. There was a funeral on Thursday at the church where we go for our homeschool coop. It was a chap that had died in Iraq in the army. Our lunch was cancelled so the church could be quiet and my kids were filled with all kinds of questions.