Sunday 8 February 2009

Surprise!

I have been dying to blog about this for weeks, no, months but I couldn't. I have been organising Niall's surprise 50 th birthday party and it all happened on Friday night!

His birthday isn't until 14th Valentines day, but because our Church is having a special service the day after that (it is 21 years old) I decided to have the party the week before.

BOY, BUT IS IT HARD TO KEEP A SURPRISE FROM A HUSBAND.

There was a lot of work put into it. Annie spent weeks and weeks working on a power point for it. It has photos, video and e mails on it. Evelyn supplied the cake, Becky, Marguerite and Anne made sandwiches, buns and apple tarts. On the day, Marguerite, Barbara and Mary came in and made a mountain of sandwiches and Mary helped with the planning too. A lot of the women of the church served brilliantly on the night, Kevin and Stephen helped with the technical side of things and a lot of people came:-)

The Lord really helped me with my cope with the whole thing and on the night Niall gave his testimony and Stephen gave a clear account of the Gospel.

Some of Niall's old school friends came, some of his family, church family, my family , the list goes on.

We had e mails on the power point which was lovely and Harry from their local radio station interviewed him for a half hour in front of everybody and that will be broadcasted this week.

A million and one things happened that I cant put down here. I am tired, what with everything happening. Mum is still in hospital and needs somebody sitting with her 24/7. Sean is still in pain with his arm etc. But hey, it was an interesting experience and NIALL LOVED IT!

I have to say though, that I didn't like keeping all this a secret from him and if I had to do it all over again... I wouldn't!

I took him to a nice restaurant before the party so Sean and I could have a bit of peace with him and calm everything down a bit.

Thank you to all your help, e mails, gifts etc.

God bless you for it.














.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Niall!

How clever of you Ruth to surprise him - I don't think I could ever surprise David. He's hard to keep a secret from - so good for you for doing it! :-)

Heather L. said...

Wow! you did a lot of work for that party! How wonderful to have church family to help so much! It sounds like a wonderful evening and that Niall loved it all! Now you'll have some great memories of it. Hopefully you can rest up a bit now after all that!

Sit-N-Chat said...

WOW! That was an A+ effort.

Jennifer