Tuesday 10 February 2009

Pay it forward

Here is a little something I have decided to participate in.

I read it on Jennifer's blog and think that it would be a nice thing to do. Here's hoping I have 3 blogger friends who would like to take part!

Here are the rules as posted on her blog:

1. The first 3 bloggers to leave a comment letting me know they want to participate, will receive a hand-made gift from me.

2. Those 3 bloggers promise to post this challenge on their blog (meaning they too will ‘pay-it-forward’, creating a handmade gift for the first 3 bloggers that leave a comment on their blog!!)

The gift can be any price range--though I'm thinking that keeping it small will be sufficient--and you have 365 days to make/ship your gift!! I will get you your gift way before a year from now! I have no clue right now what I will make but it still will not take a year to get it to you!

If you want to participate, just leave a comment telling me so and then repost this on your blog so that you can pay it forward to 3 others, and so on, and so on, and so on.......You can still leave a comment on what you think about this even if you don't want to participate!!

I think something small like a home made book marker will be nice?

.

5 comments:

Sit-N-Chat said...

Ruth,
you can email me privately at bjburgess@valornet.com with your mailing address at your convenience.

Thanks

ruth said...

This is a sweet idea. However, you are the only person who ever comments on my blog, so, while I am more than willing to make you a small gift and send it to you, I am afraid I would have a hard time paying it forward to three people!

So you don't have to send me anything, but what a sweet thought and my best wishes to you!

Ruth

Laura said...

If you are willing to ship international :-) I'd love to participate. Let me know and I'll post this to my blog if you agree... what fun!!!

Sit-N-Chat said...

Ruth,
Whether anyone else wants to join doesn't matter. I am looking forward to getting to send you something as I get it figured out. So, I am looking for your address at my email address.
You are one of the first Christians I "met" when I started blogging just a few months ago. You have been such a blessing to me.
I enjoyed reading about the Valentine Card purchase.
I remember when my oldest son purchased a little gift for a girl. He is 30 years old now. I am asking God to send him a Godly wife.

Hope your family is doing well.

Jennifer

Sit-N-Chat said...

Ruth, I had only 1 response to the game. I saw that Laura is the only one who responded to the game here. Since she is in Texas (as I am) & I would have such short distance to mail a package, I contacted her and told her I want to send her a little gift because she responded to the game on your blog. So, all you need to do is send me your snail mail address.
We had a good day in church. Tomorrow, we celebrate President's Day so Brian spoke on Abraham Lincoln and his Christian commitment. And this afternoon, I helped with a bridal shower. It was a good day. And I hope you and you mom and Sean's arm are doing well.

Jennifer