Wednesday 14 January 2009

Spring

I have never, never, NEVER looked forwards to the Spring time, ever.

However, I have got to say that three things have changed me in recent years and made me look forwards to it.

1 I got saved. God has a wonderful way of opening your eyes to things once unseen and giving you an appreciation for His creation, whether it is the human race or nature, whatever.

2 Home schooling Seán has helped me look forwards to Spring time. I know I have to teach him about the changing seasons, planting, growing etc and so while I am teaching him I am learning more about it myself, and enjoying it!

3 The good weather we have in April/May. It doesn't seem so long to wait for good warm weather if you know you are going to get it in April, which is, after all, just after February and March :-) June and July seem so far away, and let's be honest about it, some times the weather in these months is nothing to write home about.

So here I am, In January, looking forwards to our April Summer, where I can home school Seán outside, go to the park, go for walks, plant plants and eat outside with sun factor on!!! In the mean time, I have Niall's 50th birthday, Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day and Easter to look forwards to, all before our Irish Summer!


This is what the back garden looks like now...

This is what it looks like in the Summer...


Sometimes this is where I have a few moments to myself...

This is me sitting out at the front of the house last spring relaxing while Seán worked on some of his books :-)
Seán working on one of his crafts out in the back garden.
A nice sunny St Patrick's Day!
Home schooling in the park, sunny if not very warm.

Seán and his friends in shorts playing out front in April!

So, what are you looking forwards to?

3 comments:

ruth said...

I'm looking forward to longer days! Already it is light past 5:15, which seems like something to celebrate. In summer, it will be light until 9:00 p.m.!!! I love that! By March it should be light until 7 p.m. or so, and that is even a very welcome change.

Our landscape looks like Antarctica right now. It was 5 degrees Farenheit today, tomorrow is predicted to be colder, and Friday colder still. We have five foot tall piles of snow at the ends of our driveway. I haven't seen grass since... I can't remember. Sometime in November, I think. I'd love to have a back garden that looks like yours right now. Lately it's just all about cleaning up the snow that gets tracked in. And drinking hot beverages and wrapping up in blankets when I'm not working...

Cheryl said...

Great post. I need to make an effort to homeschool outside more often. I always feel like it's a huge chore to pack up and go out but we end up loving it. I'm going to make a note of it on our calendar-GO OUTSIDE :)

Heather L. said...

I do love looking forward to spring, although right now I'm content with winter so I don't want to lose that contentment, since winter will be a few more months. Spring and Fall are good times of year here since usually we don't have to have the heating or the air conditioning on. high summer is far too hot.