Thursday 8 January 2009

Ice.

Today, while walking in Blackrock Sean and I found this...I don't recall ever seeing frozen sand before and the only time I saw ice on the beach here was when I was about Sean's age! It's pretty unusual for salt water to freeze here in this part of the country, however, Sean loved it and had lots of fun playing with the ice..

This evening I went into town and bought this book for a nephew of mine who will be 7 on Monday. It is a beautiful pop up space centre book that these photos do no justice to. I bought it in Hughes & Hughes, half price and paid €10.25 for it! It comes with pop out little men etc and great space ships too. A really beautiful gift.



2 comments:

Heather L. said...

What fun to play on the beach! Glad you had the opportunity!

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Frozen sand and spacemen? Have you been on holiday . . . in outer space? : D