Monday 17 November 2008

Today, although a bit late, I am going to join 'The Homeschool Post' and post about where I home school Sean and which is my favourite place.


http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w108/hsbawards/Homeschool%20Memoirs/8.png

As you may know, I home school my 10 year old son. Sometimes I also school Dylan who is the same age. We have a class room here in my home but we also like getting out and about.

Some people don't like the idea of a class room but I decided to have one for lots of different reasons. I can keep everything to do with schooling in one room and when the regular work is done, its out of sight and out of mind. I think this is good for both me and Seán. Also, I sometimes help neighbouring kids with their homework so it's good to have the space for them to work. (desks) I like my house to be tidy. It's very small and when things are all over the place it looks terrible and drives me nuts so I am not keen to have school books all over the kitchen table/sitting room!

So, here are a few pictures of how Seán and I do our thing!

Click on the speech bubble and you will be able to find out what the photos are about...



Here are some photos of other blogger's and where they school their kids... enjoy!

I liked Tifanny's black board in her class room...

Sometimes Being Mrs Momma home schools out side on their picnic blanket...


Outdoor Picnic

Daddy's Chicks room looks sooooo tidy...
Flakey Friends are very crafty....

Paula's girl from A Large Room, prefers playing (of a different kind!) out doors...


Monica's young ones look very comfy!


Principled Discoveries wins my vote for 'most interesting and fun photo'
Sadie's son has found a place of his own...
Rhoda seems to love having maps in her room...


Learning Along The Way gets my 'cute' vote


One of Lori's girls wins the best 'uniform' vote from me!

Heather has my vote for the 'best bed' photo... Busy woman!

3 comments:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

SO fun to get such a thorough peek into your homeschooling life. We share many similarities among the differences. So many ways to teach our children because they are each unique. Having one to teach is different than many, but we still cover all the same subjects.

Wonderful photo-essay! Thanks for sharing. : D

Paula said...

I loved the photo round-up. It is a great celebration of the fact that learning can and does happen anytime, anywhere.
I enjoyed visiting your blog.

Daddy's Chick's said...

Ruth . . . Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.