Wednesday 16 July 2008

What will Heaven NOT be like...

(I have highlighted some of the names on this post. If you click on most of them you will be able to read their testimonies.)

A couple of weeks ago I posted about some thoughts I was having about Heaven and decided I would have to get back to it again and write a post about what I thought Heaven was NOT like. I asked a few people what they looked forwards to in Heaven.

Ruth from 'Ruth's thoughts and memories' said the following.....
I wrote a post a long time ago about how there won't be any nerves or hormones in Heaven. Hallelujah!

Also, there won't be back pain or migraines.

No conflict, no shouting, no tears. No tears! The Bible says that. How wonderful!

No injustice, no fear, no insecurity, no shame, no confusion.

No pollution, no traffic jams, no sweat (I imagine), no mosquitoes (or, it there are some, they won't bite), no cancer, no accidents...

It's going to be great!

Stephen said he is looking forwards to no conflict... This figures, as he is a pastor and I know he has to deal with this problem more than anybody else in our Church.

Ann said she is looking forwards to being with Jesus
.

Mick said no more ME (
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis) and weakness and sin. He is also looking forwards to seeing his son Luke who was stillborn.

Marie is looking forwards to meeting up with some old friends, and I mean old! She wants to meet some of the Saints from yesteryear... and also a few from her own life time.


My son, Seán asked me last year will people eat in Heaven, I said that I think they do and he became VERY disappointed! He is a poor eater and so this is something that,
(Lord-willing, if he gets saved) he will not be looking forwards to. Mind you, I expect when he is a teenager his appetite, and his mind will change on that one!!!

I am currently reading a book called 'What the Bible teaches on Heaven by Roger Ellsworth.' and so far it seems to be pretty good.


At the moment my thoughts seem to be geared towards my home and what I don't particularly like doing, day in, day out, year in, year out. I don't always feel like this, but well, this is where I am right now. So when I think about Heaven, my thoughts are drifting towards what is not there.

While talking to my brother in the lord, Kevin, I told him that I am looking forwards to their being no dust, and if there is dust, well, it won't bother me will it? Kevin, ever the scientist (He is one!) told me that seeing as dust is made up of (about) 70% dead skin, I can rest assured there won't be much of it in Heaven!!

What else do I look forwards to? There will be no more need for me to be forgiven time and time again, and I will never sin against God again, now there's a thought to help get me through the day!!!

No comments: