Tuesday 22 July 2008

Update on sailing...

Today, as part of his sailing lesson, Seán had to capsize his craft and he didn't want to. He tried everything to get out of it. I came along and encouraged him (ahem..) so he gave it a go, was successful, turned around and cried out 'Hey mum, that was awesome!'

Here are a few photos from today. I managed to zoom the camera on my phone for a shot of him capsizing his boat!

Had my friend's children with me today so the blond boy is Denis. Also, the granny in the chair knitting is me!

I just put Seán to bed and he said that he can't wait to go back tomorrow to do the capsizing again!

4 comments:

Britt-Arnhild said...

This looks like some perfect knitting time :-)

I found your blog through the comment you left with Debbie in CA.

Christina said...

Oh for a sail. But alas, we're in land-locked Indiana. The only water we have around here are a few mud holes they call "lakes." Alas... but I loved the capsizing pics! AND the knitting pic! Happy Knitting

Heather L. said...

What great pictures! And how wonderful to have the chance to learn sailing!

Debbie in CA : ) said...

Never really thought of "practicing" a capsize, but I can see how it makes sense to be prepared should it happen. (It DOES look like a lot of fun!)