Friday 18 July 2008

Step mother




Today I met up with Adeline and went to the Fairways Hotel for coffee and cake. We haven't met up in ages so it was really nice to spend some time with her. It's been seven months since my dad died and only two months since her brother died. I have a small idea of how she may be feeling seeing how my fiancé had died when I was pregnant with my son Seán. She mentioned that today and could see how awful it was for me at the time. I remarked how it is really only people who have lost a partner of their own can really appreciate how awful it is for someone else.

I remember how I had blamed myself for his death, although I had nothing to do with it (Sean died in a car accident and I wasn't even there) and then how, months later I blamed him and felt angry with him...

We talked about how people grieving can go through so many different emotions. I told her it will take time before she even begins to feel half normal.

I hope that someday I will be able to comfort her in the same way that the Lord comforted me with regards to Sean's death.

No comments: