Saturday 28 June 2008

  • 530890239_401ee480da_m.jpg

Sally at 'I take joy' has written a great post about mothers stretching themselves too much. I recommend it as a good read. Here is a sample of the post....

So, after years and years of 24/7, I have learned that I have to force things into my schedule that give me rest, provide a break, fill my cup. I am not talking about the cultural expectation that we deserve to have our own time--as my life has never regularly allowed this. But I am talking about being a good steward of yourself. Women must take time to read the word and pray--it is a foundation for fitting in to a schedule. I found that for my health and adrenalin, I had to build walking into my life almost everyday--Health and eating the right foods makes me last longer. It is also Biblical to have friends who can encourage us in the Lord--Lone Ranger mommies are more prone to give up, give in to depression and quit their ideals. Ecclesiastes tells us to find a companion to lift us up. As an introvert , I have to have some alone time in order to keep centered--it is why I developed the habit of getting up early to have a quiet time an to drink a cup of tea all alone. It doesn't always work, but I worked to let the kids stay up later so that they would sleep a little longer.

1 comment:

Sally Clarkson said...

So kind of you to link to my blog. Also lots of fun to have a kindred spirit in Ireland! I so enjoyed seeing your blog. Many blessings to you!
Sally Clarkson