Monday 16 June 2008

Mum

Well, I have been spending time with my mum recently while she is in hospital.  Anybody who knows me well knows that I don't get to spend a lot of time with her and so although it is not good that she is back in hospital, it is good that I can see her.

She has an infection and because she is old and has had MS for over 40 years, it is taking a lot out of her.  Like I said, we lost my dad in December and I think she may follow him soon enough.  She told me that she thinks it's time to go and leave us kids behind...
There has been a great softening between mum and me and I have no doubt it has come from the Lord and I am very glad of it.  I am enjoying spending time with her again.

She should be out  and back home within a couple of days.  Will keep this blog updated..

Here is what I have read today in 'My Utmost for His Highest' by Oswald Chambers...

"If I am a friend os Jesus, I have deliberately and carefully to lay  down my life for Him.  It is difficult, and thank God it is difficult.  Salvation is easy because it cost God so much, but the manifestation of it in my life is difficult.  God saves a man and endues him with the Holy  Spirit, and then says in effect, -"Now work this out, be loyal to Me, whilst the nature of things round about you would make you disloyal."  "I have called you friends."  
Stand loyal to your Friend, and remember that His honour is at stake in your bodily life."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth,

I have added a rss feed for your blog on my mobile and have been keeping up-to-date with the goings on of the MacCárthaigh Family. Sorry to hear your mum is poorly.

Enjoying your blog posts,

Annie (home school) xox