Tuesday 17 June 2008

A fun e-mail

My husband sent me this e-mail today... I guess he can send it to me and feel comfortable in doing so since I think he is one of those rare specimens of men who doesn't fit into all the categories.. for example, he remembered that he proposed to me 6 years ago today (I forgot) and even had flowers waiting for me when I got out of bed this mornin, so he definitely passes no 13. Thank you darling*****



Fall Classes for Men at

THE
ADULTLEARNINGCENTER

REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED
by Monday, Aug 30, 2008

NOTE: DUE TO THE COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULTY LEVEL
OF THEIR CONTENTS, CLASS SIZES WILL BE LIMITED TO 8 PARTICIPANTS - MAXIMUM .


Class 1
How To Fill Up The Ice Cube Trays--Step by Step, with Slide Presentation.
Meets 4 weeks, Monday and Wednesday for 2 hours beginning at 7:00 PM.



Class 2
The Toilet Paper Roll--Does It Change Itself?
Round Table Discussion.
Meets 2 weeks, Saturday 12:00 PM for 2 hours.



Class 3
Is It Possible To Urinate Using The Technique Of Lifting The Seat and Avoiding The Floor, Walls and Nearby Bathtub?--Group Practice.
Meets 4 weeks, Saturday 10:00 PM for 2 hours.



Class 4
Fundamental Differences Between The Laundry Hamper and The Floor--Pictures and Explanatory Graphics.
Meets Saturdays at 2:00 PM for 3 weeks.



Class 5
Dinner Dishes--Can They Levitate and Fly Into The Kitchen Sink?
Examples on Video.
Meets 4 weeks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours beginning
at 7:00 PM



Class 6
Loss Of Identity--Losing The Remote To Your Significant Other.
Help Line Support and Support Groups.
Meets 4 Weeks, Friday and Sunday 7:00 PM



Class 7
Learning How To Find Things--Starting With Looking In The Right Places And Not Turning The House Upside Down While Screaming.
Open Forum .
Monday at 8:00 PM, 2 hours. & lt; /FONT>



Class 8
Health Watch--Bringing Her Flowers Is Not Harmful To Your Health.
Graphics and Audio Tapes.
Three nights; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 PM for 2 hours.



Class 9
Real Men Ask For Directions When Lost--Real Life Testimonials.
Tuesdays at 6:00 PM Location to be determined.



Class 10
Is It Genetically Impossible To Sit Quietly While She Parallel Parks?
Driving Simulations.
4 weeks, Saturday's noon, 2 hours.



Class 11
Learning to Live--Basic Differences Between Mother and Wife.
Online Classes and role-playing .
Tuesdays at 7:00 PM, location to be determined



Class 12
How to be the Ideal Shopping Companion
Relaxation Exercises, Meditation and Breathing Techniques.
Meets 4 weeks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours beginning at 7:00 PM.



Class 13
How to Fight Cerebral Atrophy--Remembering Birthdays, Anniversaries and Other Important Dates and Calling When You're Going To Be Late.
Cerebral Shock Therapy Sessions and Full Lobotomies Offered.
Three nights; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7:00 PM for 2 hours.



Class 14
The Stove/Oven--What It Is and How It Is Used.
Live Demonstration.
Tuesdays at 6:00 PM, location to be determined.



Upon completion of any of the above courses, diplomas will be issued to the survivors.

Send this to all the guys that you think can stand the heat, and to all the ladies for the best chuckle of their day!

Niall just sent me this by e-mail, the sweet man! He always writes me a poem of one sort or another on our anniversaries and because he hadn't time to put it on a card, he e-mailed it to me, that's a first!!!

Those seven weeks seemed like forever, six short years ago,
Waiting on our Lord to tell us which way we should go.
He turned our hearts towards one another, giving us true love
And showed us that we fit together, just like a hand and glove.

It wasn't at the restaurant nor at the Ballymac
Nor at your dear grandfather's grave (my memory was slack!)
But back in your beloved 'Rock down on my bended knee
I asked that simple question, Ruth, "Will you please marry me?"

I fumbled in my pockets trying to find my mother's ring.
Then panicked as I tried to think, "On which hand goes this thing?"
You answered "Yes" and I was glad you didn't leave me linger.
The ring my father gave me, then, I placed upon your finger.

That moment on the beach in June was only just the start
That led us to this place today - where you still own my heart.
Through thin and thick we travelled far - now, more than ever, sure
That God's plans are perfection and what we have is pure.


Whenever you think back and ponder, "Was it really true?"
Just glance at that engagement ring bought back in World War Two
And look into the eyes of him who knelt down on that stone
Then see that he still loves your soul more than his very own!



Happy Engagement Anniversary, gorgeous......

1 comment:

Nadia said...

Wonderful. Very funny. You must have a look at this, too:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=VeyZHsqC9AM