Tuesday 20 May 2008

Tagged!

Tamara from 'Of Noble Character' tagged me today and so I spent a while thinking of answers to all the questions... I quite enjoyed doing this and found some of them a challenge, so here goes!
Tamara



Favourite person (outside family)... Mary.
Favourite food... Fresh fruit salad, fried mushrooms & fried tomatoes and fried bread with a fried egg inside with brown sauce added...mmmmm! (not necessarily all at the same time)

Quirks about me... Well, I don't like answering the phone and I get very grumpy when I don't eat regularly.

How would the person who loves you most describes you in ten words or less... I tried to be good here and told Niall that this isn't a list of all the things he loves about me (He is so good at that!) but rather, it's a list of words to describe me. However, he gave me this list and said that some things are best left private! (I do love him!!!)
She's my huggable, hopeful, hilarious, heart-warming, helpful, hibernian, heavenly heroine!

Any regrets in life... Not submitting my life to God sooner.

Favourite cause/charity... Giving Bibles to people who don't have any.

Favourite blog recently... This one!

Something you can't get enough of... Knowledge and discernment from the God/Bible.

Worst job you ever had
... The worst job I ever worked at was drift-net fishing with my dad out in our boat as a youngster. I hated it and I was scared because I couldn't swim... However, I have had other jobs that were ok but some of the people were pretty horrible.

What job would you pay not to have... Definitely a waitress. Work too hard...
Pay too little..

If you could be a fly on the wall, where?... Peter Masters study!

Favourite Bible ve
rse right now... God used this verse along with others to show me that He was saving my dying dad in December...
Job 33:14-18 For God may speak in one way, or in another, Yet man does not perceive it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, When deep sleep falls upon men, While slumbering on their beds, Then He opens the ears of men, And seals their instruction. In order to turn man from his deeds, And conceal pride from man, He keeps back his soul from the Pit, And his life from perishing by the sword.

Guilty pleasures... Eating loaf bread & butter with strawberry jam! (preserves)

Got any confessions
... Don't read my Bible/pray often enough.

If you HAD to spend €1,000.00 on yourself, how would you spend it?...
I would go to visit my friends and sisters, Sheila in Mississippi and Jean in Virginia!
Sheila (on left)
Jean (on right)







Favourite thing about your house... It's open fire!!

One thing you are bad at... Can't answer that, there are too many... It's not pride because I am going to answer the next question!

One thing you are good at... Being a mum to Seán.

If you could change things about your circumstances, what... I wouldn't change anything.

Who would you like to meet some day... John MacArthur, I think he is an excellent Bible teacher and also happens to be blessed with a good sense of humour.

What makes you feel sexy... Ha ha! How can I explain this?!!... Niall purring like a big wild cat; you know, that sound people can make at the back of their throat!

Who is your real life hero... Niall is, really.

What is the hardest part of your job... Seán watching and copying me...

When are you most relaxed... right after prayer.

What stresses you out... Not spending proper time with God.

What can you not live without... The Bible, Vaseline for my lips and hand cream!

Do you agree or disagree with the recent article that reported that bloggs are authored by narcissists... Isn't it a struggle not to be? Isn't that what most of our sin is all about? It's all about me, me, me...

Why do you blog... I blog so I can have female Christian company. So I can find out how other women like me, teach their children. So I can get help and advice from Godly Christian women about home, children and husbands. So I don't feel like I am a weirdo teaching Seán at home, not celebrating Christmas, not having a TV etc. So I don't feel alone in living like I do. I like knowing there are people like me out there!


I have to tag...

Two newish bloggers... Don't know of any BUT I really want you to visit these two blog sites and definitely leave a message for them!!! HERE & HERE

Two blog friends... Cassie, Home schooling four... and Ruth, Ruthie's thoughts and memories.

Two bloggers I would like to know better... Anna, Pleasant View Schoolhouse and Laura, The Peanut Patch.


Thanks Tamara, I enjoyed that:)

1 comment:

ruth said...

Wow. Thanks for the link! I'm totally humbled.

Ruth