Wednesday 2 April 2008

Home Education Week - Day 4

Today Dana gives us the following tips on what to write on...

    Recipe for Success Wednesday, April 2
    It is also National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day! So share a recipe…figuratively, as in two parts love, one part creativity, or literally, as in a super quick, nutritious meal your kids scarf up. Think about what you do in the day, what helps keep it organised and you sane (or how you got past that need for organisation and saneness!), and curriculum materials you find effective.
Here is something quick to put together when you are sick... It's very simple. You cook rice, heat up baked beans, mix and serve! Doesn't sound very nice but it works. Seán, Niall and I have it, not very often, but we like it. I first started to make it up when I was pregnant with Seán and continued with it on rare occasions. I think it is a lot better than fast food and like I said, if you are sick or are almost out of food, try it.

Keeping the class room clean keeps me sane! Being fairly organised menas that I can break our routiene any time and just take off for the day with Sean.

As for curriculum materials, I just use the books that our primary schools use here in Ireland. I find them very good, so far, but I am not too sure about some of the ones I checked out for Sean's secondary years. One of them (English book) was full of rubbish with one of the questions being about "Posh Spice and Beckham". (Pop & Football celebrities in England) and also questions about the "Sex Pistols" a punk band from the 80's. Having said that I have looked through some very good ones so I remain hopeful.

1 comment:

andijean said...

Your beans and rice recipe sounds so easy to throw together; thanks for sharing it. I like to keep things neat too; it helps me stay focused. Thanks for sharing your "recipe." :-)

~Andrea
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/andijeane/509287/