Friday 28 March 2008

I used to think...

Over in Amy's Humble Musings Amy has made out a list of things she used to think but has since changed her mind about. Ruth has also written about some things she used to think, and so I thought I would put down some of my own thoughts below and have also written a different type of list on my other Blog so you can check them out here if you like.



I used to think that all kids went to school and that there was no alternative. Well, not all kids go to school and I home school my son and he (and I) enjoy it. I will not put down other people who send their children to school, but I am not ashamed to say that for our family, it's one of the best things I have ever done in my life and I only regret that I probably won't be able to teach him on into his secondary school years.

I used to think that children were what you put into them... Until I had a boy who never met his father but regularly does things things his father did... I used to think that boys and girls were really the same and that there was very little differences between them and that it was mostly just the way we bring them up that made them different...My son is a BOY and plays like a boy and behaves like a boy and it has nothing at all to do with the way I raise him!

I used to think that as Sean grew up, things would get harder. This is not true in our family. I can only put it down to trying to live our lives, and trying to raise Sean up, by the standards in the Bible and with the help of the Holy Spirit...

I used to think that I would never use my e mail...!

That gardening was boring...

That I wouldn't enjoy watching movies with 12 rating... Seems to be what I am watching most of the time these days!

That religion was a dead thing.

That I wouldn't find the love of my life... I found 2 (God and my husband!...thank you Lord)

I used to think Sean would never feed himself, wash himself,teach himself, play by himself......

When Sean was a toddler I used to think that I would never get to go to the bathroom on my own again.

And I used to think that I would always be able to clean the house in a couple of hours and have plenty of energy left over!!!

1 comment:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Isn't it amazing how we change the way we think as we mature and grow?