Wednesday 2 January 2008

Home schooling

We took a lot of time off schooling and learning in December because of my dad's sickness and his death. So, what I have decided to do is this...

At the beginning of the term I divided the pages in each book by 10..(10 months) I am, give or take, about a month behind schedule so I have decided to skip forwards to January and when Sean is finished each book (Some of them only has 12 pages to do each month) we will go back and do some of Decembers pages until we catch up. I expect it wont take long.


Jean came to visit me today with a gift of a 'Texas Fleece Throw' because we took care of their dog while they were in Texas for a visit. (Perfect gift because I love throws!)

The whole family
(+dog) are moving to Virginia soon, for good. I will miss her and her influence on me, a lot and I find it hard to think about it sometimes. I got the children from the Church and children from the Drama Club together and we made a scrap book with lots of photos of us all during the past 6 years that we have known them. Sean and Grace (Their daughter) shared 6 birthdays together and for a long time Sean and Peter (Their son) were best friends, so we have lots of photos and memories to share. We also have quite a lot of video footage which we put on DVD and added this to the scrap book too.
We plan to give it to them next Sunday along with a gift which the Church bought them.

2 comments:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Well, welcome to a new year of school! I am hoping to get more done this semester.

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

BTW, I think that is very funny that your son reads my blog. As far as the grocery bill, tell him I'm a bit obsessive about it (atleast that's what people keep telling me) :)