Wednesday 16 January 2008

Giving up the internet

http://www.operationgadget.com/laptops_pcs/
Both Niall and I have decided not to use the internet in our home for the foreseeable future. It is taking from our home life, our family life, our life as a couple and our personal life.

We are quite a busy family and an hour here and an hour there builds up and we noticed that we are spending less and less time as a couple together reading Christian books, being intimate, and just hanging out. Too many late nights and not enough personal and family time! So... it's gotta go!

I am going to keep the blog up and running but wont be posting as often as I would normally. I will still pop in to your sites now and again.

I have free access to the internet in the Library and a neighbour has it also so I am sure I can use hers when I need to.

Well, that's my news. I am excited about this because I know that the result of our pulling the plug will be more time spent together praying, reading, and becoming a closer family, never mind husband and wife!!

I'll let you know how it works out!

1 comment:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

Well, I understand the reason. We have done the same thing with t.v. a couple of times to make sure we had our priorities straight. For the internet, I had to put my alotted time on my schedule to make sure I didn't overdue it. It's easy for me to get sucked in.
Still, sorry to see ya go.