Thursday 17 January 2008

Another boy to home school!

I had a meeting today with a woman called Annie who wants me to home school her son(Dylan 9) until May! He was at school but didn't seem to be doing well so she has been teaching him since he was 7. Annie has gone back to college and plans to send him back to school in September but until then, I will be teaching him.

I can't say how pleased I am to do this and hope I am able to. It is a direct answer to prayer in several ways. We are a bit strapped for cash at the moment and so the money will pay for tax and insurance on our car etc. I has been praying to God last week about Sean having another nice friend to play with and Dylan is just a beautiful child, and I need some encouragement to get back to a decent schedule; early to rise and early to bed and this will do it. Mostly, it may be an opening for the Gospel in her life?

I always thought the idea of teaching another boy in my home with Sean would be great but very, very unlikely, but there you go! Who would have guessed...Here is a photo taken with my phone of my sisters in the Lord, Vera and Margaret... just because!

2 comments:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

I'm glad to hear God is providing exactly what you have been praying for. I hope it goes well for you. I also am very glad to hear that you have found curriculum you are confident in for the next couple years. I look forward to hearing how that goes.

Annie said...

Ah :) sounds like we made a good first impression! x